Friday, May 23, 2014

Weekly Class Summary: May 19-23

SOLs Covered:  All Math 7 SOLs
Math Dictionary Sections:  Review all sections
Upcoming Assessments:  Math 7 SOL (1st Wed. 5/28, 3rd Thurs. 5/29, 7th Fri. 5/30)

The kids can tell you how I've not been feeling very well at this week and while I'm feeling much better now than I have been over the past three days, I'm still thinking I'll keep it a bit shorter this week so I can head out at a reasonable time today.  I first have to thank the kids for (mostly) being on their best behavior this week in order to make things easier for me, knowing how bad I was feeling.  You guys rock!

We wrapped up the last of our individual category review last week, so this week was spent going over the released test.  We went over strategies for attacking each questions and possible variations they could expect to see.  While going through the problems, we reviewed how the Smart Chart could help them with the different problems.  Students should practice making the components of the Smart Chart they need help with (there's no need to make the portions they rock at) since they'll need to make it from memory on blank paper the day of the SOL.  As previously stated, the tests for the Math 7 SOL will be held next week, so I encourage students to use this 3-day weekend to at least spend part of the time reviewing.  In addition to the SOL simulation letter and feedback form, on Friday students were given their SOL mini-quiz letter, which gives another peak at the areas of strength and weakness for each student, allowing them to fine tune their focus for study.



I'm going to end this here, but I do encourage students along with their parents/guardians to email or message me on Edmodo if they have questions while they review this weekend.  Extra practice (which can also earn the students extra credit!) has been added to the class Edmodo pages to help students along with their personal review.


1 comment:

Effie Randolph said...

Will you still post these even when school is out? I am pretty sure there is no need, because you won't be teaching then, but can you post maybe review questions I an look over over the Summer?