Friday, May 09, 2014

Weekly Class Summary: May 5-9

SOLs Covered:  SOL 7.5-7.8 M&G
Math Dictionary Sections:  Review all sections on M&G
Upcoming Assessments:  SOL Quiz #4 (Fri. 5/16/14)

This is going out a bit later than usual since I had errands to run after school and thus couldn't stay after to finish up work the way I usually do on Fridays.  I'm sitting at home with a sitcom on in the background and trying not to doze off after a very busy week, so I'll be keeping this on the shorter side.  Before moving on to the nitty gritty of this week's math class, I just wanted to send my virtual thanks to the students and parents/guardians who made this an awesome Teacher Appreciation Week!  The PTA kept us well fed all week long and I cherish the drawings and little tokens of thanks from the students.  I also want to thank all my teachers who put me on the path to becoming one myself; I wouldn't have made it this far without them!



Our focus in class this week was on the Measurement and Geometry (SOL 7.5-7.8) category.  Students again spent time working independently and I spent some time going around to check in on each group.  I also gave each student a letter to take home and share with their parents/guardians that was personalized with information on how each individual student did on his/her SOL simulation test.  Attached to the letter was further feedback, showing each student the topic of each question he/she missed.  I have an "old" version of this form which students can use to access hyperlinks to resources about each of the topics.  I'm currently working on a "new" version that I'll continue to update with additional resources.  The beauty of using GoogleDrive is that I can continue to edit it and students will always be able to access the most recent version without having to get a new link.  I'm going to "take off" now and try to get a bit more work done on this new version and maybe a bit more grading before bed.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and those how have motherly roles out there!


No comments: