Friday, June 15, 2012

Weekly Class Summary: June 11-15

SOLs Covered: All Math 6 SOLs
Math Dictionary Sections: All Sections of the MD
Upcoming Assessments: None!

It's the end of the last week of the 2011-2012 school year! It's been an incredible year and I'm thankful for each of my students who made my last year at the Creek an amazing one!  Yes, this is my last year at FCMS, but I'm not leaving the district, just moving onto a school a little closer to home.  However, I encourage all my current students to keep up with my sites as I will be moving up to teach 7th grade math at my new school.   We follow the same curriculum/pacing throughout the county, so I'll be updating everything as you're covering it at FCMS.

Since we've covered the entire 6th grade curriculum, all testing was done, and grades were pretty much wrapped up before the week started (final grades posted to Edline), I tried to have fun activities to keep the kids engaged and settled everyday.  We went over the probability in Jumanji (the luck of the roll), finished up our fake Facebooks, learned about the history of the number one, and discovered some of the math in origami (geometry concepts ranging from bisectors to transformations).  This has always been a favorite activity for the kids that they get completely engrossed with, so I urge parents and guardians to encourage their kids with the origami whenever you need a bit of calm this summer!

In closing, I want to wish everyone a happy, safe summer!  So long 6th graders!


View more presentations from Ms. Lambert.



No comments: