Monday, February 03, 2014

Homework: Feb. 3-7

For the week of February 3, 2014

This week I'll be doing things a little differently.  With all the lost time, I'm a little paranoid about what the weather may have in store for us, so I've put together a packet for each student.  This packet will be used as both classwork and homework for the rest of this week and part of next week.  We'll work on the packet each day in class and students will be expected to work (or show effort where they've at least attempted) at least five problems each night.  This has the added benefit that students will be able to work a bit more at their own pace.  Some of the class time will be spent working individually, in small groups, and as a whole class, with me helping and working along with them in each situation.

The current weather forecast leads me to think we won't miss any time this week, so I expect we'll be able to complete a good portion of the packet this week.  I'm a little leery of what this weekend and next week's weather holds for us, so if we do miss more time, students will be have work they can do on any possible snow days.  I'll keep a sharp eye on the forecast each day and give everyone more detailed instructions if it looks like we could possibly miss any more days; otherwise the packet will be due by the end of next week before the test.

Please feel free to email if you have any questions!

CW & HW for the week of 2/3/14


No comments: